Publications on Cerebral Palsy including books available for purchase, fact sheets, library services and useful references.
- Helping You and Your Family - Self-Help Strategies for Parents of Children with a Disability. (Association for Children with a Disability).
- Scope Parents CP Guide - Information, advice and support for parents during the early years. (Scope UK).
- Focus on Fathers (PDF 7.24 MB) - Stories of Rural Fathers with a Child with Cerebral Palsy.
- The Centre for Cerebral Palsy has a number of publications available for purchase on Cerebral Palsy. Click here to view their publications.
- Examination of the Child with Minor Neurological Dysfunction. A highly practical book that brings the examination of minor neurological dysfunction developed by Bert Touwen and his colleagues in Groningen right up to date, which is timely in view of the increasing interest in and use of this approach.
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy for People with Cerebral Palsy: A Problem-Based Approach to Assessment and Management. This book is a practical resource for physiotherapists and occupational therapists who support people with cerebral palsy, helping them to solve the problems with movement and other impairments that so often accompany cerebral palsy, so that they can be more active and better able to participate in roles such as study, work, recreation and relationships.
- Novita Children's Services provide 'fact sheets' on Cerebral Palsy which include the latest releases of books, videos, DVD resources and more.
- ABS Sources of Disability Information, 2003-2008, 4431.0.55.002.
- The child with multiple impairements (PDF 96 KB), Canadian Paediatric Society Statement.
- Choice or Chore? - Carers’ experiences of direct payments - Carers UK (PDF, 126 KB)
- Young children with Cerebral Palsy need a good night’s sleep! - TCCP (PDF 342 KB)
- Teenagers with Cerebral Palsy need a good night’s sleep! - TCCP (PDF 569 KB)
- People with Cerebral Palsy need a good night’s sleep! - TCCP (PDF 341 KB)
Yooralla has a library of information on Cerebral Palsy available for loan. Visit the Yooralla library.
- Cerebral palsy : a practical guide/ Marion Stanton. - Random House, 2002
- Cerebral palsy : an information guide for parents / Royal Children's Hospital. Child Development and Rehabilitation . - Melbourne : Royal Children's Hospital, Education Resources Centre , 2006 3rd ed.
- Children with cerebral palsy: a parent's guide/ edited by Elaine Geralis. - Woodbine House, 1998
- Children with disabilities / Batshaw, Mark (ed) . 4th ed.- Sydney : Maclennan & Petty, c1997
- Helping you and your family: self help strategies for parents of children with a disability / Association for Children with a Disability Inc. . - Armadale, 1999
- Handling the young cerebral palsied child at home/ Nancy Finnie. - Butterworth-Heinemann, 1997. The epidemiology of cerebral palsy: Incidence, impairments and risk factors, Else Odding; Marij E. Roebroeck; Hendrik J. Stam, Disability & Rehabilitation, 1464-5165, Volume 28, Issue 4, 2006, Pages 183 – 191.
- Little WJ (1862) On the incidence of abnormal parturition, difficult labour, premature birth and asphyxia neonatorum on the mental and physical condition of the child, especially in relation to deformities. Transactions of the Obstetrical Society of London; 3: 293 -344
- The Australian & NZ Perinatal Societies (1995) The origins of cerebral palsy - a consensus statement. Medical Journal of Australia 162: 85 - 90.